25 August 2010

It's hard to be witty when you're full of cold...

So I have the cold. Majorly. It's in my head and streaming out my eyes and nose in sneezy bursts and making my throat all irritated and tickly. And, as if to rub in how rough I feel, Beyonce has just slinked on t'telly looking all foxy and sweaty in a good my-perfume-will-make-you-hot sort of a way. The only fragrance I'll be applying this evening is FRIGGIN' OLBAS OIL! Seriously, I'm going to be such a mentholated snore machine that Mr Little-Scribbler will probably take refuge in the spare room. Anyway, you didn't come hear to hear about my woes. But my shoes on the other hand? Well that's just far more interesting.

So here's pair number 9 of 97 in my 'wear all my shoes in a year' challenge. And they're a delicious pair of Irregular Choice from schuh. I love these shoes. Two things I love, you may know if you've read this before, are leopard print and shiny things. These shoes are both. Plus they're high and have a glorious almond shaped toe and a bow on the back (I also love bows).



I wore them for a night of catching shows at the Edinburgh Festival and, yes, there were cocktails involved (and pints of cider but that sounds well less classy, innit?). Which is part of why I saw fit to wear them with a turquoise and gold brocade mini shift dress. Brocade, gold, shiny - YES! Oh, yes.

The dress is my River Island bargain and it was covered up with a gold lurex cardi (some might say too much - I say pile it on and, if in doubt, a lurex cardi ALWAYS works). Anyway, say cheese, it's posing time. Mossy's shitting it, I tell thee...




1 comment:

Amber said...

Love the shoes, but I love the dress even more - and I'm totally with you on the lurex cardi thing: I have a gold one I pinched from my friend when were at Uni (she told me to, I hasten to add - am not an ACTUAL cardigan) thief and I love it. Goes with everything, super-shiny, what's NOT to love :)