This is one of the those blog posts where I show you something I bought. But this wasn't just any old purchase, oh no. These are Wilma. They're from Aussie brand Senso via US website Solestruck. Uh-huh - serious international commitment to the purchase.
Although eventually purchased slightly on a whim (maybe more an impulse), I'd been coveting these boots for ages. I first blogged about them in straight up leopard print back in July when they were only my 9th ever blog post (my first few posts were genuinely just shite as I figured out what was even gonna go on this thing!). The pink version came to my attention in September and it's fair to say an obsession developed from there. They were out of stock in my size and I signed up to get an email alert when they were back. I got my alert and by the time I looked there were only 3 sizes left including mine so I took it as a sign, did a little excited dance, whipped out the credit card, bish, bash, zoom across the Atlantic, customs charges ahoy and they were mine! Kids, credit cards are NOT cool. Don't use them. For your peace of mind I'd like to inform you I shall be paying off the amount in full before the interest kicks in. Don't be a credit card sucka! Foo!
I enjoy Solestruck with their mantra to 'Rid the world of ugly shoes one pair at a time'. Plus their delivery boxes have quirky little slogans and stuff on them and that kind of thing just really appeals to me. I enjoy the detail. As far as Senso go, I don't know much about them although I'm sure I'll read up one day. However, they do fierce-ass kick-ass shoes and use freaky bunny heads in their ads.
And half naked dudes:
Really, they could use anything in their ads though, it's all about the shoes for me!
So why my excitement? OK, leopard print goes without saying by now, doesn't it? Here's the full list of awesomeness:
- Bumper chunky HIGH heel (6 inches fact fans)
- Whopping great platform
- Eye bejazzling pinkness - I'm not sure the pictures show it to its best advantage but they are seriously pink - Barbie ain't got nuffink on these bitches
- Foxy shoe boot shape with nice wide ankle hole
- Nutty almond shaped toe
- They make your feet look neat and that's always a bonus for my size 7 hooves
- They're hairy!! I've developed a bit of a thing for hairy shoes - I just want to stroke them. Luckily I'm pretty bendy so even if I'm out and about I can just double over and have a feel.
- They have a beautiful and luxurious leather sole. Mind you, for the price, I was kinda hoping for diamonds on the soles of my shoes. A wuh, a wuh! (Paul Simon - Google him. Or don't. Whatever)
Here they are on a fez. No, there's no reason, it was just there. It came from a wee shop in Turkey and I couldn't resist it. I'm adamant that myself or Mr Scribbler will one day go to a fancy dress party as a monkey in a fez.