5 March 2011

Thrift-ola!

Yay! Because I am excited. You may have seen me, in past posts, wearing jewelery from Lady Luck Rules OK. Or my post on the talks that Leona Baker, its founder, held across the land on the essentials of running a craft based business. The talks were great because they were interesting for both fans of the brand and would be craft entrepreneurs but also because they were so darn inspiring. I really came away feeling like I could achieve anything I set my mind to. Hmm, now what is it I want to do?

Sadly, Lady Luck Rules OK is no more. But, as the ol' saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining and the silver (probably mirrored perspex) lining on this one is that Leona has moved onto a new venture: Thrift-ola! Cute name, non? Thrift-ola is, in Leona's words "like your favourite flea market except you don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn and spend hours seeking out the ace stuff – I’ve done that for you". Yup, it's an online treasure trove. Here are some of the goodies she's got ready to go!

SO embracing summer's colour blocking trend...
I don't even know where to begin!
Hands OFF the Babycham fawn girls - he's mine!
It looks like the summary of a "super fun second hand store bursting full o’ kooky kitchenalia, ace accessories, fun homewares, vintage books and oodles of insane bric-a-brac." is bang on. I don't know about you, but I am firmly in favour of insane bric-a-brac and will definitely be logging on to check out the Thrift-owares. Plus, Leona promises that "You won't have to bid on anything! You won’t fall victim to an over inflated 'vintage' price tag!".
Did anyone bring these funny little creatures back from holidays in their yoof?
Look at the rabbit cake on the book! I didn't spy it at first and nearly did a kitsch wee when I did!
There's also going to be a blog on site full of Leona's crafting hints and tips, which I am sure will be bursting with useful info on making, doing, mending and salvaging. If you want to check out any Thrift-ola shizz before the site goes live, you can check 'em out on Facebook and Twitter!

I feel a bookmark coming on.

4 comments:

Vix said...

It's like looking at my shelves here, I've already got nearly everything but I want it all, anyway. xxx

Please may I? said...

Some very cute things. Think I may need to hide my purse!

X x

Alex said...

Ooh I have the red suitcase and the Babycham glasses and the wooden sewing box! Woo me. Sounds like a fab site!

Unknown said...

OOOh the red vanity case and the long necked cat! And why oh WHY is that deer jumping into the cocktail glass?

What a gorgeous collection!

Sarah xxx