10 February 2011

I can't get no sleep

Honestly, at the moment, I feel like I should easily be as grumpy as my face to the left suggests I am (I've deliberately made the picture that small because I do look super ropey. In case you don't know or can't tell, I don't have a fancy camera and I almost always use the first picture I take so these images are always just pot luck! Yes, alright, I've been known to ai rbrush off a spot here and there). I've been sleeping (or not) so badly this week that it's ridiculous, and the last coupla weeks I've been fighting off impending colds and beastly mouth ulcers but for some reason I'm still feeling pretty perky! Yay me! If only I could bottle that feeling and have a wee swally any time I felt blue or couldn't be arsed with the gym.

Perhaps it's just that this week is good so far. I've done a zumba class and a swim, work is BUSY and engaging, I'm getting in some family and friend catch up AND my hair's not standing up on end anymore - thank the baby jebus! Plus, I'm going to treat myself to these summery little shoes from Schuh today. They're from a brand called Mel which, if you haven't heard of it, is a diffusion from Melissa who do the Vivienne Westwood rubber shoes and so on. The difference is that Mel are much cheaper!

Oh, they just make me think of summer! I can't wait for summer although, let me tell you, my feet are in dire need of some home pedicure action before they get themselves out in shoes like these! Too much information?

Anyway, back to things current, the shoes I'm actually wearing are pair # 50! 50! That's half way to 100! Although I do need to do a collection recount and see how many pairs I have now...

This particular pair are from Topshop but were actually a cheeky bargain off eBay - bonza! I have them in cream too (which I paid the Toppers price for) but the sole's beginning to crack and I loved them so much I couldn't resist picking them up again in gold! I'm such a sucker for a t-bar (so 'come dancing') and the immense ruffles on these made them all the more appealing. Add a platform, some metallic gold and a chunky heel and you've well and truly won me over!


Shoe layout craziness! I'm not at home and have very limited editing abilities right now so forgive the oddness.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Oh they're LOVELY! I'm a sucker for a t-bar too but I don't own nearly as many as I'd like.

Kerry Curl said...

I like a t bar too!For me it's a security thing as much as style,I feel like I'm strapped onto the heels! x

Vix said...

I do love those shoes especially as they are metallic.
My camera's a nightmare, I bought it in 2000 so you can only imagine how old skool it is. xxx

Smeeeff said...

I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get my Mels on too! x

Please may I? said...

Loving the shoes.

Shoes are one of my weaknesses. I have far too many. Perhaps I'll set myself a challenge to ensure I wear them all.

X x

char said...

prettyy shoes x2..
i haven;t been sleeping well for months now, but the worst was this week when i was awake for 38 hours straight on mon/tue :(

Pearl Westwood said...

I'd never hear of Mel, the shoes look cute though!
My camera is just a basic old one too, would love a fancy one!

Unknown said...

Ooh I love those tbar ruffle gold platforms - they are pretty frickin fab!!

Sarah xxx