31 October 2012

How to be a bag lady. Minus the bag...

Some days I look a  bit like a bag lady. It can't be helped. There's just some sort of edit thing missing in me. Like when whoever it was said that, before you leave the house, you should take off the last accessory you put on, I just can't do that. I'm just lacking in some kind of aesthetic vision. Therefore, I'll never be one of those dead chic minimalist folk (though, frankly, I wouldn't want to be) and it's more likely that I'll look ramshackle than put together - possibly because, regardless of what I've already got on, sometimes I just really want to wear a specific jumper or something and on it goes, without a proper thought about how it might look. So - here it is - my master class in how to get the bag lady look, without a single bag in sight...

Put on a pretty and summery vintage dress. Winterise with black tights...
...black shoes (Red or Dead from schuh)


...and a black belt. I can't remember where I got this but I enjoy the smoochy birds!
Whap on a giant shiny necklace. This one's from Primark.
And then...

Decide to wear a jumper (from ASOS) you love but that, with the dress, loses your waist and cuts you in half. Ideally you should have two, totally at odds, prints involved.
Then, for shits, giggles and warmth, cover it all with a parka (H&M). Ideally, if you can make like me and forget your eye make-up for that nice tired look, it works even better. I'm pretty fresh faced though and I'll take that!
How about we finish on the shoes again?



5 comments:

Pink Haired Princess said...

I could never do a jumper over a dress or a jumper full stop. Too many hideous memories of school and PE, not to mention my boobs are so massive, I'd look like I was wearing a tent and need to show my defined waist! LOVE the dress with the other accessories though : )

mispapelicos said...

Gorgeous, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You kill me everytime, Llara
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unknown said...

I actually like that look.

Alice Barton said...

just found your blog and I am loooving your style. this dress is a gem! xx
Happy to be your newest follower!! xx
Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

char said...

I love this outfit :) X