16 July 2012

Charlotte Olympia-ah-ah-ah!

You might have noticed that there are two things I'm kind of obsessive about (though, if you spent time with me in 'real' life, you'd know I'm also obsessed with gin. I have at least seven different varieties in the cupboard just now): fancy shoes and leopard print. Combine the two and it's pure dynamite-ee-hee (as Ms Dynamite might say) for me. And, in a nutshell, that what's this post is about. The perfect fusion of designer shoe and leopard print. Please, allow the picture story to unfold...

Designer shoe boxes feel so nice. And this one is no exception.
Oh, attention to detail! Charlotte Olympia shoes come with a sticky back Polaroid that you can stick to your boxes to see what's in them. Cause, y'know, you have so many pairs of Charlympias that there's just NO WAY to know what's in each box! If you like, you could just shake the Polaroid picture. Discuss.
I'm developing a whole new appreciation of spider's webs.
BOOM! I put the shoes in yo' face!
One of things I love about a posh shoe is the finish of them. These babies are covered all over, bar the ball of the foot and the heel tip, in the same fabric as the upper. It's just so darn nice. The shoe is finished with CO's web logo.
Where I went right with this purchase was going for a chunky heel. My previous designer purchases all have skinny heels so they're less practical. These are practical beyond belief. I should point out at this time that my version of practical, when it comes to shoes, may vary somewhat from that of the average person. My most practical shoes are a pair of glitter ankle boots and I walked 6 miles to a party in heeled boots last night. Leopard print goes with everything I own (whether you like it or not) so these guys are P-RA-C-T-I-C-A-L! With a giant P.

I'm off to continue eyeing up a pair of sequinned Miu-miu sandals...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowzers those shoes are pretty sexy - leopard print, big heel (but comfy) and so purdy. Nice purchase! *drools*

Helga said...

O,jaysus,those are some HAWT shoes!
Yeah,I'm gravitating to more chunky heels lately.Easier to deal with than stilletoes(sp?!),for sure,but I do love 'em!
Gin?! One of my faves!!! There's NOTHING quite like a G & T in Summer!
X

mispapelicos said...

I have fallen in love with them, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I was missing your posts and gorgeous shoes.
About the giraffe belt, I made it myself too.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sarah said...

Really like the web logo! Cool! x